We want your surgery to go as smoothly as possible. Please utilize this section for instructions on how to prepare for all aspects of your surgery.
Pre-register for your surgery online
To serve you better, you may fill in registration form prior to your procedure. Register online.
You will be contacted by the Pacific Surgery Center Registration department prior to your arrival to confirm demographic and insurance information. We will also notify you of your estimated co-pay, co-insurance, and/or deductible due the day of service.
Before your surgery review the following policies. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us or call 360-779-6527.
Before and After Surgery Care
Prior to Surgery
- You must register with Pacific Surgery Center via our online portal or call (360) 697-8800 to register over the phone.
- Have ready your insurance cards and current list of medications.
- You MUST have an escort that remains in the facility throughout your surgery/procedure and drive you home or your surgery/procedure will be rescheduled.
- Reminder: Nothing to eat or drink after midnight unless instructed otherwise.
- Our Pre-Op Nurse will be calling you if there are any concerns regarding your surgery or health condition.
- Our Billing Office will be calling you if you have a large deductible or coinsurance. A quote of expected out-of-pocket will be given along with the deposit amount required at the time of service.
- Our surgery scheduler will be calling you within 1 business day of your surgery with your arrival time.
Day of Surgery
- Take your cardiac, blood pressure, and reflux medications with a small sip of water. Follow your surgeon’s instructions for any other medications.
- Follow your primary care physician’s instructions regarding your insulin or oral diabetic medications.
- Bathe or shower prior to coming to the center. This can minimize the chance of infection. You may brush your teeth. Remove all makeup, hairpieces, nail polish and body jewelry.
- Leave all valuables at home. The Center is not responsible for your valuables.
- Bring only your photo ID, insurance cards, and form of payment (if applicable).
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing.
- This is a fragrance free environment. Patients and escorts are asked to not wear any perfumed products.
- For 24 hours you cannot drive and we recommend that you are not left alone after your surgery if you have received any sedation or pain medication.
- Bring your child in loose, 2 pieced pajamas with a favorite comfort item.
- Please leave other children at home so you may give your full attention to your child having surgery.
- Your child MUST have an appropriate car seat for safety at discharge.
- Changes may be made to the surgery schedule. Please plan to have your entire day free as the surgery center may call with a different arrival time.
- Our scheduler will call you with your arrival time.
- Please follow all your physicians’ instructions carefully. They are for your safety. If these instructions are not followed, it could result in the cancellation of your surgery.
Eating and Drinking
Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night prior to your procedure unless otherwise instructed. This includes hard candy, mints, gum, etc.
Unless otherwise instructed take your prescription medications the morning of surgery with a small sip of water
- Contact your Primary Care Physician for preoperative instructions regarding your diabetic medication.
- Bring your diabetic medication with you to the surgery center
- Bring a list of all medications including dosages.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing (i.e. loose fitting button up shirt, sweat pants) and flat shoes.
- Leave jewelry and valuables at home. Please remove body piercings.
- Do not wear any perfumes or fragrances (patient and escort).
Documents to bring
- Bring a photo ID and all applicable insurance cards with you.
- If patient unable to sign, bring Durable Power of Attorney.
- The escort is to remain in the building throughout your admission.
- Please allow only 2 escorts to accompany you.
- You must have a responsible adult to drive you home. You are not allowed to drive yourself.
- We recommend someone to be with you for 24 hours if you have had sedation or anesthesia.
Policies Affecting Your Care
Physician Ownership Policy
- Pacific Surgery Center was founded by a group of physicians as a means to provide patients and physicians with a quality outpatient surgery center in a caring, comfortable environment. In keeping with Federal regulations regarding physician owned facilities, we are required to inform you that the physician who will be performing your surgery may be a partial owner of the Center. A portion of the fee for use of the facility may be distributed to physicians with ownership interest.
- If you have any concerns about this, please discuss it with your surgeon.